Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Playable JavaScript app of my new iPad game Knights vs Knightesses (Google Chrome/ Safari needed)  (View post)

James william [PersonRank 0]

Friday, November 12, 2010
13 years ago225,566 views

nice game.

working fine with my ipad.

Baris Evren Erdogan [PersonRank 1]

13 years ago #

I'm using Maxthon 3, which is based on latest Webkit build but I can't play.. Is it really work with Safari and Chrome only or any webkit based browser?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Baris, I've tested that it works with Safari and Chrome, in fact it mostly also runs with Firefox, but there were some problems with positioning this on the middle of the iPad image with the mozilla CSS scale transformation, and the sound didn't play right away... both issues are probably fixable for Firefox but I haven't further looked into it yet. As for other browsers, I only brielfy checked IExplorer and it didn't run...

Baris Evren Erdogan [PersonRank 1]

13 years ago #

FYI: It's fully playable with Maxthon 3, when you customize User Agent as Chrome or Safari under Advanced Options as a workaround..

And congratulations for your app, hope it gets downloaded by lots of people (:

13 years ago #

Baris, that's good to know, thanks... I will see how can I allow Maxthon in (I have a small JavaScript-check based on http://www.quirksmode.org/js/detect.html, looks like I need to add Maxthon).

SteveT [PersonRank 1]

13 years ago #

http://chrome.google.com/webstore ?

13 years ago #

Steve, I submitted a couple of games to the web store already... For Knights vs Knightesses, it kind of relies on a two-player touch mode with something board-game like in front of you... the iPad is perfect for this... perhaps other devices will come along which also work fine with it (I'll check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab for that purpose).

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!