Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google does it again--locked out of account

Glenda Barnhart [PersonRank 1]

Friday, August 19, 2011
12 years ago4,082 views

We use gmail and google docs to operate our business and today we all got locked out of the account due to "do not meet the age requirements for a google account" . Why in the world would this even happen? We did nothing to prompt this.

I followed their process to verify age, which includes a credit card charge of $.30 (presumably 13 year olds don't have their own cc's). But then... it just hangs on one page--google checkout. No "finish" "end" "submit" --nothing!

This is the second time in as many months that Google has impacted my business--and of course you can't get anyone at the Googleplex with a modicum of intelligence to resolve an obvious problem that they have created!

Glenda Barnhart [PersonRank 1]

12 years ago #

Oh,,, and by the way.... the only way that you can get help is through google.com/support. And guess what? You have to SIGN IN in order to get help or post or question. And of course, I can't sign in, thus I need support. The irony of it all!

anon [PersonRank 7]

12 years ago #

Age verification is only for Google profiles. Profiles are not available for Google Apps accounts, something's not adding up here.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!