Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Inbox help please

Lily [PersonRank 0]

Saturday, October 1, 2011
12 years ago12,046 views

I am missing all kinds of emails!!!! really a bummer!!!!

Please tell me how I can set my inbox so it just PLAIN OLD FASHIONED (like my yahoo one) where the emails will stay in place if I want them to and not disappear, even if I've read them.

Some of my emails are not showing up. I have to do a search for a name and then I find them. This is a big drag.

Help appreciated!!

George R [PersonRank 10]

12 years ago #

I am guessing that you see your new messages, but not your read messages. You may be archiving them after reading them. If you want them to stay in your inbox, do not archive them. You can unarchive the old ones.

You can use labels to organize your messages instead of folders. You could make a label called "all-mail". There would then be an "all-mail" link. You could make a filter that automatically applies that label to all incoming messages. You could then use the "all-mail" link to see those messages even after they have been archived.

Note also that messages are grouped into conversations. Sometimes gmail displays some messages as collapsed. To see their contents expand them.

If you want to use the Yahoo interface, you could have gmail forward all your mail to a yahoo address.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!