Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Win Your Gmail (Round 3)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, June 9, 2004
20 years ago

I have one more Gmail to spare, because a friend who won a Gmail here a while ago is donating a Gmail back to Google Blogoscoped.

Round 3 to win your Gmail is an open contest. Tell a joke that has something to do with Gmail. You can make up a joke, or copy a Gmail joke from somewhere, or change an existing joke... whatever you feel like, just post it in this discussion thread along with your first and last name, and your existing email. (You can obfuscate your email to hide it from spiders.)

I will choose the best joke tomorrow, so good luck once more!

Philipp [PersonRank 1]

20 years ago #

PS: If you can't think of a joke you may also write a rhyme or anything creative really.

Andrew Page [PersonRank 1]

20 years ago #

How do you stop an elephant from using your gmail acount ?

Make sure you never give it your password.

sleep2mail (at) yahoo (dot) co (dot) uk

Antonio Costa [PersonRank 1]

20 years ago #

Why Gmail Is Like a Penis

Those who have it would be devastated if it was ever cut off.

Some folks have it, some don't. Those who have it would be devastated if it were ever cut off.

Those who don't have it may agree that it's a nifty toy, but think it's not worth the fuss that those who do have it make about it. Still, many of those who don't have it would like to try it

Many of those who don't have it would like to try it, a phenomenon psychologists call "Gmail Envy."

It's more fun when it's up, but this makes it hard to get any real work done.

In the long-distant past, its only purpose was to transmit information considered vital to the survival of the species. Some people still think that's the only thing it should be used for, but most folks today use it for fun most of the time.

If you don't take proper precautions, it can spread viruses.

If you use it too much, you'll find it becomes more and more difficult to think coherently.

Once you've started playing with it, it's hard to stop. Some people would just play with it all day if they didn't have work to do.

We attach an importance to it that is far greater than its actual size and influence warrant.

It has no conscience and no memory but a LOT of room to play around. Left to its own devices, it will just do the same damn dumb things it did before.

If you're not careful what you do with it, it can get you into a lot of trouble.

If you play with it too much, you could go blind.

;)

antonio {at} specialdefects [dot] com

Kevin Liao [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

your mama is so poor, she can't even afford a free gmail account!

your mama is so old, her gmail account contains test e-mails from God himself! (God[put at-character here]gmail.com of course)

your mama is so fat, a zipped digital 3-D model of her can't fit in a 1-GB gmail account!

mogualiao [at] hotmail [dot] com

ruben [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

I once met a lass named Sue
Her beauty complex like beef stew
I asked straight away
please date me today
and she told me to wait in the queue

ruben brito, ruben_brito2000[put at-character here]yahoo.com

Rick Bowen [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

gmail gmail what what a wonderful phrase.
if you evan metain the word you stir up a craze.
many would give up an arm or a leg,
many have lowered there pride down to beg.
Its totally free or so google has said,
but with this nutty croud your going to wind up dead.
gmail swap, orkut and trade.
some have evan offered to help you get laid.
It sells on ebay for a two hundred or less,
how will they end this screwy mess.
this thing is going public in august they say'
but i want mine this minute, right now today.

blaik2k4[put at-character here]hotmail.com

Enrique [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

Why did Google call their email service Gmail?
Because only cows like to say Moogle.

enriquetrias(at)yahoo(dot)com

Georges Chattot [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

A biologist, an architect and a Google Gmail programmer meet in a bar and start a phylosophy discussion after few drinks. They argue to decide which of them created the Universe.

"Life is everywhere in the Universe" says the biologist "therefore Biologists" are at the origine of Life in the Universe".

"Fine, but there are a lot of other things than lifeforms in the Universe and all are articulated by a Master Design" says the architecte, "Therefore we architects designed and organized all existing things in the Universe".

The Gmail programmer finishs his beer, smiles at the two others and asks "Who do you think created, manage and keep track of Chaos and Entropy ?"

chattotg[put at-character here]yahoo.fr

flevour [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

Gmail, better than a kick in the face!

Francesco Levorato
google [a-t] flevour.net

Jaruzel [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

"My Big Sister is so dumb, that she thought GMail was a mens equilivent of a Gstring!"

Boom. Boom.

Well, I tried ;)

Jaruzel (at) Jaruzel.com

20 years ago #

Gmail Haiku

My inbox explodes
Love letters lost, life overloads
I dream of gmail

sleep2mail (at) yahoo (dot) co (dot) uk

Mark Papadakis [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

All of (us))) drooling over such a pathetic goal as to getting a GMail account (or an Orkut invitation), and trying so hard to achieve this goal, should make anyone with some brains in his mind laughing for hours. That has got to be the funniest thing for/from GMail. Who needs jokes when one can see how we react on the thought of getting a GMAIL ACCOUNT!? (like its the hottest girl in the world, and we are he lucky bastards to get her if we try hard enough)
In the end of the day, Its a freaking free e-mail account

Not that I wouldn't fall into the same category..:)

markpapadakis[put at-character here]pathfinder.gr

20 years ago #

Mark, if you are stuck to something like Hotmail (some of us are), then Gmail truly means salvation. Do you know how many hours I wasted trying to explain family members how to upload something to my FTP account I created for them? How many times a day I had to log-in to Hotmail to delete Spam? How often my inbox was stuffed full, me not being able to get new mails? How this for some can be as critical as not getting a reply to a job application they send out? How I once was covered so heavily with spam (around 1,000 per day with 150K attachments) I had to completely close my email account?

By the way, was your message an official entry? :)

Dave Green [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

What's the difference between Gmail and Hotmail?

Gmail gives you more room to store all the spam.

alexredcloud (at) yahoo (dot) co (dot) uk

Ollie [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

GetMail
GiveMail

GrimMail
GrinMail

GrotMail
GoodMail

GlumMail
GlowMail

GeekMail
GreatMail

GossMail
GoshMail

GotMail
GeeMail

-----------
ollie @t -
ollicle d.t -
com

Paul Irish [PersonRank 1]

20 years ago #

Knock Knock
   – Who's There?
GMail
   – GMail Who?
Just kidding. You think we'd actually knock on <em>your</em> door? HAH!

onepauls [at] yahoo {dot} com

20 years ago #

OK, the Gmail goes to ...

... Andrew Page.

I liked both your joke and your haiku. Have fun with the account and to the others, thanks for participating, you were all funny which made it hard to decide!

20 years ago #

Thanks Philipp

I'm up and running.

Andrew

no offence [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

but the joke was lame the poem was ok though

kamran [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

gmail like general mail or lige gaged mail

Varun [PersonRank 3]

20 years ago #

ummm gmail is kewl,,,,,i hav no lines for it but i really do need it....i mean i need it d most...so plz GIVE IT 2 ME PLZZZ

v_checker[put at-character here]hotmail.com

David [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

Theres this guy.... and he was like searching on the internet.. oh man he's so stuped... he was searching for a Gmail invite... and doing all this crazy stuff like wrighting jokes... and who in there right mind would do that!!! ONLY A COMPEAT FOOL WOULD TRY TO WIN SOMEHTING THAT WILL BE FREE SOON!!!

I AM THAT FOOL

thatonegmailfool[put at-character here]tusan.cjb.net

shiya [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

who is gmail?
is he so rich to invite everybody to his home.
why r people so crazy to get his invitation.
what does this gmail think of himself.
i will just throw him if he comes near me.
he is the one who is making people fight for his invitation.

by the way can i have gmail invitation.i joked for gmail invitation and plz reply to greenisheverywhere[put at-character here]hotmail.com

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!