Google Blogoscoped

Forum

FindForward Backlinks Alerts

Brian [PersonRank 0]

Tuesday, August 31, 2004
19 years ago

I put the snippet on my site. One suggestion is to suggest for the Gmailers out there to use the address joe+findforward[put at-character here]gmail.com. The harvesters are going to get the address as is and if they get this one they can just filter it out and change it to joe+findforward2[put at-character here]gmail.com. I do this every time I register somewhere and it has really payed off, especially in identifying where the spammers are getting my address from. Also, will your script work properly if people encode their URLs like this: joe%2Bfindforward%40gmail%2Ecom ? If so, here is a tool for it: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_ref_urlencode.asp . You could also give the option for your script to autodetect if people enter in their e-mail address backwards, and flip it around for them, such as: moc.liamg[put at-character here]drawrofdnif+eoj

cheers :)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Except for the reverse-email, above tips all work well!

Kimspitstop.dk [PersonRank 7]

19 years ago #

Scrambler tip's

I believe the unicode for @ = @
will do fine also?

Regard's
"amor omnia vincit"

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Even better and more spam-safe is the latest update:

If you want to you can now use "--at--" instead of "[put at-character here]" to scramble your email address.

E.g. john--at--example.com will send FindForward alerts to john[put at-character here]example.com

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!