Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Is Google Immune to SARS or Bird Flu?  (View post)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, March 11, 2006
18 years ago

Kudos for the Posting. Excellent. This needs to be read in conjuction below, I think there are two sides on the coin here....

http://blogoscoped.com/forum/22900.html

Michael White [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Searching for anything on Google.com yields about twice as many as on Google.cn, I think.

Elias KAI [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

This should Be in the No comments .... Section .. LOL

Arleen Freeman [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Thank you so much for posting this article. People, especially those who help China censor information, don't realize the danger to us all.

Recently I read a newspaper report that corroborates the point made in the article:

Worse Than Any Nightmare—Journalist Quits China to Expose Concentration Camp Horrors and Bird Flu Coverup
http://www.theepochtimes.com/news/6-3-10/39111.html

What do people think will happen if they help China cover up its epidemics?

I repeat: It is a danger to us all.

M. Wong [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Support Freedom of Speech all the way!

Mark M [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

[The truth hurts, but giving up noble ideals hurts more.]

Thanks to Shizhong Chen for some truth about the "information blockade" built by American companies in order to profit from Communist suppression of the truth.

When people were discussing about whether to let China into the World Trade Organization, the arguement went something like this: "If China is let into WTO, more Chinese people will enter the middle class and their desire for free press and free government will force Communism out." The ironic thing is that this idea was instigated by the Communists themselves. Do you honestly believe that the Communists want to force themselves out of power? Wake up and smell the piss pot.

The reality is that Western companies are not changing Communism. They are instead surrendering their decency and noble ideals for profit. They're selling their souls to the devil so they can smile all the way to the bank.

Gwendalle Cooper [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

When the freedom of one individual is taken away, as in Communist China, the freedom of all individuals
is at risk. We are all connected in various ways. One must never think that what goes on elsewhere, as in China, "has nothing to do with me." I remember well the situation that precipitated World War I, and all the atrocities committed and lies perpetrated, and control of thinking then. Greed, playing the game for profit, etc. did not begin or end with the end of that war. What will it take for people to learn and face the truth and not then compromise it for personal gain? Wake up People!

I appreciate Zhizhong Chen and his presentation to the UN to alert the Nations and prick their consciences.

Jenny Liu [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

It is most likely that the bird flu virus mutates and become capable to spread among humans in China. If we let China continues its cover-up, we will not have a chance to postpone the breakout and develop new vaccines.
It is a dangeous situation to everyone, not just to people in China.

Jenny Liu [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

One more thing about Google: I used Google adwords to promote http://www.theepochtimes.com, a newspaper that provides uncensored coverage of events in China and around the globe. After running for a month, Google send me a notice saying that my keywords contain "sensitive issues" and my ad was deleted.
No wonder people make fun of Google's "do no evil" motto.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Jenny, if you can send me an email about that (including details of your ad campaign and wording) I'd be interested.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!