Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Digg for Charity  (View post)

Big Cheez [PersonRank 0]

Wednesday, March 15, 2006
18 years ago

I think this is a good idea. I think you could do it as often as once a month without it gettig old.

Jeff [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Seems to subvert the goals of community sites like Digg, and might result in a backlash, including bad press for the charity. -1 diggs.

Justin Pfister [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

bad press is still press.. We saw that with the Google BMW issue and many others. When people link to you and stir buzz, it's a good thing. I think it's a good idea.. +1 Digg.

Militantplatypus [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I think that it subverts digg, and I therefore can't support it. I go to digg to see what people find interesting, not what has been paid for to appear on the front page.

Paid advertising is paid advertising, even if it goes to a good cause

18 years ago #

Philipp, if you want to talk about this idea.. I bought RaiseChange.com a long time ago thinking it could be a cool place #1 to raise change (evolution) and #2 raise change (money) through small payment(diggs)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Justin, just go ahead and try this idea... it's yours... :)

18 years ago #

With work and all it's so hard to make time to do the things that you're interested in and keep up with your hobbies. How do you survive and continue to do what you love? (The question of so many in blogosphere.) My theory is that if something is really important to you, you'll be able to make time for it. But what if I'm wrong? You've seemed to figure out this problem on your own and now it's my turn.

In my spare time, I do work a lot on Ecommerce and I think RaiseChange.com (org) will rise up sooner of later. I'm not giving up on the idea!

Jim Chu [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

check out point2good http://www.catablog.net/
paid serach syndication revenue from google goes to charities of your choosing.

you're not digging for charity, you're just searching

what do you think of this?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!