Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Why Google's Good Intentions Scare Me

Mark Daoust [PersonRank 1]

Friday, April 21, 2006
18 years ago2,633 views

I was thinking about Google's recent releases and particulary how they all seem to be working together (Google Calendar working with Gmail in a variety of ways). I started to try and see how these releases ultimately work together. I came to the conclusion that Google is just trying to fulfill their mission: to gather and organize the world's information. Every tool that they released does just that – it gathers information – and lots of it.

http://www.site-reference.com/articles/Search-Engines/Why-Google-s-Good-Intentions-Scare-Me.html

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Very interesting statement that you dug up:

<<SCHMIDT: We try very hard to look like we're out of control. But in fact the company is very measured. And that's part of our secret.

PAGE: We don't generally talk about our strategy ... because it's strategic. I would rather have people think we're confused than let our competitors know what we're going to do. That's an easy trade-off.>>
Interview TIME magazine

Elias KAI [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

YES RIght, and even if we see Shmidt himself in the Class PUBLIC sessions on Video Google , we can think he is lost or doesnt know where to begin or end.

BUT BUT BUT /// GOOGLE is the SWISS Knife by a complete Performance.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!