Forum

Google ANZAC Day Logo  (View post)

Nathan Weinberg [PersonRank 8]

Tuesday, April 25, 2006
18 years ago3,813 views

There's another Nathan W?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

He now allowed me to use his full name, so you can see it was Nathan White :)

Brandon Byers [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Ya know, I like that Google does these logos, and I like that they're not all US-centric holidays ... but if G does a logo for an Aussie & Kiwi holiday, why is it only viewable on Google.com.au, instead of everywhere?

I guess that if you add in international, G has too many holiday logos and they may fear diluting their brand or something. And perhaps people in other countries just don't care or want to know about, say, Canadian holidays. But I do ... am I in the minority here?

I just like the idea of everyone in the world seeing the same thing ... the more things are artificially tailored by geography, the less any one person is able to see the world the same as anyone else.

I thought one of the ideals of the 'net was to help eliminate borders. Maybe that's just too idealistic.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I also think Google could share country-specific holidays with the world every once in a while... at least then I might find out about holidays I don't already know.

metecem [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Googled should have taken notice of the fact that this ANZAC thing had two sides... Aussies took the way too long distance to attack a land they knew nothing about.

so i guess it would have been pretty polite including the "attacked land" into the logo, too.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!