Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google AdSense Expire

Captain Kangaroo [PersonRank 3]

Friday, May 5, 2006
18 years ago3,076 views

I was just wondering if AdSense money ever expires. I have just started and only have $1. Also, do you get credit if you install referalls from your site onto your computer?
Thanks,
Mike

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I don't think adsense money ever expires.
But it's violating the adsense terms and conditions to click on your own ads or referral buttons.

18 years ago #

How would they know it is you? If you sign out of your google account.

Horcrux [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

They can't be certain it's you but it's against the terms & conditions. They might remove your account especially if you do it excessively.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

IP address, cookies and probably lots of other different ways. I'm pretty sure the worlds most innovative technology company will have this issue under control.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

..its part of the clickfraud schematics-

yeah you'll be caught.. but yet to hear if anyone has been jailed for it!!

as for the expiry of your $1, technically-- it SHOULD have a life cycle of 5 yrs under the SOX's Act :)-

18 years ago #

With the Google Pack referral in AdSense, do you still get the credit if they only download, say, the screensaver. This seems like it would make sense. Then if they wanted to, they could download Firefox off my site and I would get credit for that. I am just trying to understand how this stuff works and I don't want to get my account suspended for something like asking a friend to download something off my site.
Thanks,
Mike

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!