Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Ad Products Make No Sense

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

Monday, May 15, 2006
18 years ago3,120 views

How long will we all stay going to stay google-eyed over Google?

From a consumer perspective, they have some great products. Google maps, Google search really rank.

They are currently about to do a deal with Nokia using Google over wireless over Nokia devices.

But, one of their core revenue stinks--Adsense.

http://www.bayoubuzz.com/articles.aspx?aid=7070

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Ermmm, for something that 'stinks' it's not doing too bad. About $10, 000, 000, 000, 000 a year is it? can't remember. Odd that the poster still has Google ads on his site!

I really like adsense, and think it will be around for years.

David, on a side note, I really don't think you should keep posting in the forum if you're just going to copy and paste from other peoples websites all the time. I know you supply the links at the bottom, and by all means give us links etc... But I personally think it unfair for the publishers of those blogs/news sites to have their content copied. (Also check what has been posted recently(front page and forum) before just posting in the forum, it may have already been posted)

Anyone else agree? Or am I just being harsh?

Utills [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Although I think his snippets would come under fair use, I would rather that he links to the article, describes himself what the aritcle is about and then puts his own opinion forward.

or [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I was thinking something similar, but I did not want to chil the enthusiasm. I already feel like I should not be writing this. Perhaps it's best that Philipp chimes in..

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

David I think we all appreciate the time you invest posting here. And we can also see you listen to our feedback regarding your posting style, because you do add snippets now. Now that being said, and Utills, Or and DPNeal already mentioned this, I think it's more helpful if you:

- "digest" the link a bit and perhaps add your own comments
- make it clear that you're quoting. I use <<this around quotes>> to make it extra clear
- follow along on the front-page to get a feeling for which stories have been posted already

This doesn't mean you shouldn't ever post a quick link when you don't have much time. I'm doing this blog full-time but I'm *not* expecting any of you to do it full-time! Some of you may add to the discussion 10-30 minutes a day, some of you may add to it longer, and I think it's all great – I think it's great how this forum has grown over time. With growth come growing pains, but I have a feeling we can self-correct most issues by just providing each other feedback on how well we liked a particular comment/ thread. You're all doing the same regarding my blog posts and it changes *a lot* in the way I post.

18 years ago #

roger that..
ill be more clear starting now

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Thanks David.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yeah, thank you David. Hope I didn't come across too harsh earlier! Looking forward to hearing your views in the forum. :)

18 years ago #

no problem :)

ill do my best

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!