Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail/Notebook integration

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, May 18, 2006
18 years ago8,875 views

There has already been some gmail and notebook integration. Look at this screenshot I took.

N00/148701336/" rel="nofollow" style="display: inline-block; max-width: 300px; overflow: hidden">http://www.flickr.com/photos/69064343[put at-character here]N00/148701336/

I would have thought there will be much more to come.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

hey are you serious ??

Googles Apps, rarely have buttons more txt links!!

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

i dont see it on my Gmail.. /:

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Is that real?

18 years ago #

lol..
when i come to think of it..
i dont think its real...

please tell me im wrong! :)

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Why would you need a button in Gmail for that? Besides, imagine publishing a notebook that includes notes taken from Gmail. The links will include some sensitive details.

18 years ago #

youre right..
but after all
it is kinda cool.. isnt it!? :)

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

It is real people! :) just highlight some text in compose mode in gmail. I'm not sure why you need it when you can 'right click->note this' anyway. But I'm sure this means more integration is to come.

18 years ago #

how come you have it and i dont?! or someone else?!
(if youre living in the US) its for US residents only!?

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Does nobody else have it at all?? I'm living in the UK, so it can't be that. Can people try highlighting an entire line, and see if they see it then. Why would only I have it?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

When I highlight a line nothing happens. Do I need to have Notebook installed or not?

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

This is what I have so far...
Check it out.
http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/4383/gn3uo.png

18 years ago #

Tried here (UK). Highlighting a whole line with Notebook open (or closed) doesn't work.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I have notebook installed. When i highlight something I can see a request begin made to the servers, like when gamil fetches a users photo etc. Why can't anyone else get it? I'll let you try it out on my account if you want philipp?

18 years ago #

Which browser are you using?

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Firefox. Not using greasemonkey though.

18 years ago #

Ok. Just thought it could be IE since I havent downloaded the add on for IE or highlighted anything in Gmail Compose with in.

It looks like you are the lucky one this time. Before anyone else.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I've just tried it in IE and it doesn't work. Would Gmail recognise that i'm using firefox and only try it out on that? or maybe it's part of the firefox google notebook extension working with only a few accounts?

Suresh S [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

gmail is runnin on browser so browser has google notebook installed any way it will work

Jim [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Funny. :-) That absolutely isn´t integration into Gmail, really. If you install Google Notebook, this feature you will see everywhere you highlight something. Just right click on "Open Notebook" in your statusbar and then "Enable ´Ńote this´ button". That´s pretty cool feature (althought little bit annoying) and it has nothing to do with Gmail.

iZeitgeist [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

A little bit off topic:

Had anyone known about this?:

The Gmail Give Away! Get a free Gmail account! Spread Firefox – http://www.spreadfirefox.com/node/1443

Google must have bought Mozilla a long time ago and kept it secret...

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Ah yes you're right Jim! Thanks! I just assumed it was Gmail at work. Didn't realise about the "enable note this button" when you right click the notebook in the bottom right corner of the browser. You've solved a great mystery for me :)

18 years ago #

cool..
thanks Jim

you really did solve a great mystery for us all

18 years ago #

by the way..
if you highlight for example : Create Event or Quick Add (in Google Calendar) the "Note This" button also appears :)

18 years ago #

I have uninstalled Google Notebook at work -doesn't work behind Websense- and it seems like you can still "Note this" from a Google search, it must be available for the GN enabled accounts.

18 years ago #

could be.. ;)

18 years ago #

David, did your favicon change, or did I start to age already ?

18 years ago #

it sure did :)
http://blogoscoped.com/forum/33868.html

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!