David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

Friday, May 19, 2006
18 years ago2,376 views

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/default.mspx

iZeitgeist [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

1 GHz Processor
1 GB of system memory.
A graphics processor that runs Windows Aero2.
128 MB of graphics memory.
40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.

Wher you look at the minimum requirements, I often think Microsoft is downgrading technology!

18 years ago #

lol.. youre right
you cant buy today a 1GHz processor with a 1 GB of system memory..
youll get a 3 GHz or at least 2.2 GHz..

MS is quiet stupid! isnt it? :/

iZeitgeist [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I seriously think it will harm they sales, people have been wating for like years for the next gen OS, and they have to be waiting another five years to buy the hardware that wil run you the vista blazing fast.

With some quad-core 10 Ghz, 1Gb graphic memory, and 10 GB RAM you should be okay with Vista, mkay ?!

People, Mac OS X is a great OS, Microsoft definetly lost me on this one. Macbook v.2 with 10.5 here I am waiting...

18 years ago #

yeah, but MS has put a lot of thought on Vista.

i think that never the less few people will buy the OS, Vista will be huge!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

All those requirements and yet they're downgrading some of their features... these days you can't even start two instances of the Windows Media Player, I believe you could as far back as 1995 (?).

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

hey by the time they ship vista, the Hardware would have changed!!

So h/w spec's like that mean just foo...what matters is that a lot of vista is built into the altas framework. However, they also have the Ipv6 stack tunneled over ipV4 , this makes a lot of interesting areas to expand out..

but lets not forgot the fundamental Vista cut is a desktop OS..however the world is moving towards os for mobile and handhelds..

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

15GB seems like an awful lot for an OS. I know most people will easily have room, but isn't XP only about 4GB, and Windows 2000 was 1.5GB Thats a big leap.

18 years ago #

youre right..
besides, ive read that Vista is a Linux based OS..

dont forget that bill gates was and still copies from others..

(he copied windows from someone else, or something like that)

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

David was that thing about Linux on April fools day perhaps?

I am a student starting a new course next year. I for one have gone for a mac.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Maybe they need a lot of HD space for the desktop search engine tool. Google Desktop index can occupy a lot of disk space.

<< All those requirements and yet they're downgrading some of their features... these days you can't even start two instances of the Windows Media Player, I believe you could as far back as 1995.

Why would you need that. If you have mplayer2.exe in the Media Player folder, it can start multiple instances.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!