Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Larry Page Collector's Card  (View post)

SEW reader [PersonRank 0]

Friday, May 19, 2006
18 years ago4,519 views

Very cheesy link bait, but it seemed to work!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Actually, I don't draw stuff to get links.

Nicholas [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Ok, so now, anyone who attempts to demonstrate their sense of humor is link bait?

Sorry, I fail to see the reasoning behind that.

Nathan Weinberg [PersonRank 8]

18 years ago #

I'll trade you four Orkuts for a Shriram...

Nathan Weinberg [PersonRank 8]

18 years ago #

Oh, and inspired by the "link bait" poster, I've Dugg the story:
http://digg.com/links/Google_Collector_s_Cards

John Chartier [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Greetings!

I believe that your Google Collector Cards are an idea that might just fly, but one would have to be so incredibily bored, that they either collect Google Cards or scratch their eyes out with a fork!

Why not spend your time and energy trying to help others who are not as well off as you?

It just seems like falling short of not doing anything, you have selected to do the very next worse thing with your time!

Seriously Confused,

John

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I'm sure that neither I for drawing the cards, nor you by looking at them, have made the world a better place. In fact, quite a lot of recreational things like drawing or looking at drawings, telling a joke or listening to one, creating a riddle or solving one, are luxuries of our culture – redundancies, if you will, that make our life more colorful. So next time you find someone tell you a joke, or show you a drawing, or read a story to you, tell them the same you told me, and then take the time to listen to what they have to reply to you. Maybe they will tell you that there is enough time in most days to do both, serious and silly, and maybe you will understand that your conclusion about their life was prejudiced.

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Very well said Philipp. John: What is wrong with having fun?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!