Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Stock Photo Clichees  (View post)

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, May 23, 2006
18 years ago3,397 views

These are great. The company I work for uses (at least) one of these images!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

[just posted this to their blog, but apparently that's an email form!]

I think they forgot the "[put at-character here]" sign displayed along with some blur, a bunch of neon lines, and an "information age" world globe. Some people considered it an endangered species with the dotcom bust, but it is alive and prospering in certain web agencies...

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

yeah its a email form.. why dont they have a blog :(-

James Archer [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Thanks for the feedback, guys (and for the link!).

pd/, as I mentioned in my message to you, we decided to try a little something different with our commenting system. We're certainly not trying to stifle conversation – on the contrary, we're trying to encourage it by moving the conversation to e-mail, which can lead to lengthier, richer conversations than the quick-hit comments made by passersby in a traditional commenting system (which seems to me to be more like scrawling on a bathroom wall).

It's just something we're trying. Maybe we'll change it later. It's worth a shot, anyway. I think the important thing to remember is that those stock photos are really goofy. ;-)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Truth be told I didn't even know it was an email form until after I hit "submit"... in that position and layout what you expect is a comment form I think.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!