Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Froogle vs Google Base  (View post)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, June 1, 2006
18 years ago4,557 views

this falls in line with them opening up the .DE and .UK GoogleBase sites!!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I was once rejected as Froogle Merchant, I wonder if it's now easier to upload my stuff.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

But with GBase, its actually pretty much open, as long as the content being placed there is in line with local laws and all that blah blah nice stuff

Josiah Sprague [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

hmm... im getting a 403 on all the GBase sign in pages.

Victoria Clare [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

403 here as well. Drattitude: it would be the day I need to set up a feed for a new client!

/sd [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I put an item on Gbase and looks like Google Purchase is up and running. I already setup my account and waiting for bank verification. FYI....

Ken Kuhl [PersonRank 7]

18 years ago #

Just got this e-mail from Google re: Froogle / Base:

"Dear Froogle Merchant,

We're pleased to announce Google Base (http://base.google.com), a new resource that offers you the tools you need to submit your Froogle bulk upload files (formerly known as feeds) and keep them updated. With Google Base, you can:

* Create and send bulk upload files
   * Add and define custom attributes specific to your offers
   * Confirm the status of a bulk upload without having to contact the Froogle support team
   * Edit and check the status of each item in your bulk upload

To get started, simply sign in to Google Base with your Froogle Merchant account login and password:

Your existing account and product information has already been transferred and is now viewable in Google Base. Along with Froogle, your content should also be viewable on http://base.google.com; you can search there to verify that your items appear online shortly after you post them.

Please note that Google Base has replaced the Froogle Merchant Center. From now on, when you click "Information for Sellers" on the Froogle home page, you'll be brought to a new sign-in page. You can learn more information about this change here.

We hope you enjoy Google Base. If you have any questions or feedback, please contact us at feeds-support[put at-character here]google.com.

Sincerely,
The Google Team"

Ramibotros [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I posted an item and there is a link saying : "Contact the poster" linking to mailto:MYEMAIL .. why do they have to make my email address easier for bots?

Victoria Clare [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Googlebase now up and running, hurray!

Elias KAI [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yes I got the same e-mail , and I do believe this is a smart move

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!