Google Blogoscoped

Forum

The New Captain Copyright Episode  (View post)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Friday, June 2, 2006
18 years ago4,330 views

hey ... if you qoute from a candian comic I'll sue your ass off!! :)-

Mark Draughn [PersonRank 5]

18 years ago #

Anybody want to start a betting pool on when Philipp gets the Cease & Desist notice?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

yeah, I'm game..

Mark.. what the odds you giving ??

I'll offer 3:!1 – that he will NOT get a C&D note :)-

Eric Cranston [PersonRank 3]

18 years ago #

Hahaha awesome phillip....I'm proud that you're helping teach kids to respect copyrights, I can't believe how many parents still teach their children to "share" it's no wonder that we have school shootings, and 11 year olds commiting murduer, together we can stop these injustices caused by sharing. (Warning copying or quoting anything I've said here, will cause me to sue your pants off)

Seth Finkelstein [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

http://research.yale.edu/lawmeme/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=933

Captain Cold: Who do you think you are Flashman? Those altruistic freaks [Superheroes] might not give a toss if you're making money off their likenesses ... but we [Supervillans] do. You ever hear of <em>Intellectual Property</em>...?

Flashman: W-wait a second, Leonard ... can't we cut a deal ... ?
   [What sort of Supervillan is named "Leonard"?]

Captain Cold: Too late for that. I'm a duly appointed representative for all the lifers you're ripping off. You're trading on the cache of our colors... I'm particularly ticked off about those beer coolers... that means ... you're going out of business.

Flashman: N-No ... NOOO..!

Achille [PersonRank 2]

18 years ago #

Parody is fully protected under US and in Candian law... This is fair use, and you can't prohibit fair use, no matter what license you release your work under.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

geeeeeeeeeee... I'm such a loser..no one taking up my offer!!

Offer is now closed :)-

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!