Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Bloggers: how to promote your thing?

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, June 6, 2006
18 years ago2,330 views

Just came by this site: http://www.snapshirts.com/ .
They automatically scan your blog and make a 'word cloud' from it.
Afterwards it is printed on a T-Shirt.
Great! (I should really start my own blog now...)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Looks cool... does it work with English only?

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I think it's language independant. They are just counting words.

This is what they say:

"A word cloud is a visual depiction of content (words) used in a body of text. The word clouds we use at snapshirts.com are arranged alphabetically and depict more frequently used words in progressively larger fonts.

The Authors line uses classic literary and historical texts to make word clouds. Click on Authors to see what/who we are currently featuring.

The Custom line uses your own personal website to make word clouds. For Custom word clouds, our software analyzes your weblog and presents some of your most frequently used words. You can edit this list as much or as little as you like, it's completely customizable. If you have a weblog, click on Custom and give it a try."

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.. now I need to try this one out too!!

grrrrrrrr.. and to think I just bought tranfer paper!! :(-

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Good luck /pd. If you order a TS, please let us know how it is...

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

their "thirfty little web-bot" crawled and created a lousy cloud.. it picked up all words that in the traditional sense is not part of a tag!! Just de-linking those words takes a long time..

They should onl crawl catogory level and/or Tag level information ..!!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I only got English words trying it on a German blog...

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Well, well, why should they make it language dependant & not make it intelligent enough to only crawl usefull information?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

So the cloud building Algos are lousy .. after all if the blog is in german/French or whatever, the Tag syntax ior catorgoy syntax is really defined well. .. so parsing out content cloud shold not be too difficult..

I also noticed something funny..it just crawls the main weblog page.. or rather the content that exists on that frame only. It does not go deeper then the home page and into your whole blog ...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!