Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google customised homepage very slow today

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

Friday, June 9, 2006
18 years ago3,310 views

My customised Google homepage is behaving very strange the last days. First it started with my groups module. It's turned in to an iframe with the frontpage of Google Groups now i.s.o. a list with my groups I'm subscribed on. A few moments ago I received an error when loading the homepage and the message that I should try in 30 seconds again. Afterwards, the page shows up but in the Delicious module I find an Iframe with the same 502 error.

Do you experience the same?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

the last updated I did was with the WordCup Mod.. and this may be sucking up speed.. I also noticed that Groups Mod. It sucks now,.. it just the frontpage in Iframe mode.

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

It seems not only the customised homepage, but also GMail is quite slow at the moment. Never seen. Is this the end of scalability? Or massive success of Spreadsheet?

or [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

It's not the end of anything. It probably will speed up after a while.

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Well, or your an incredible believer or a Google stock holder ;-) It's still slow, but I'm sure that it'll speed up indeed ...

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

i am finding high latency in emails. I am obtain the content of my inbox piped to my hand held.. However, I get the msg on my hand held device and even If I refrehs the gmail page, there is no indicator of having new mail

The other aspect is a 'choke' that I noticed this morning.. all my inbox emails where suddenly released to my handheld.. it was a "flood"..

I am pretty sure that google is doing something to their various services .. these abnormalies and incidents happen when there is back end CCB's being implemented. /rolled out

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

/pd Maybe it has all to do with the noticed changes in there account services. I had indeed the same experiences.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Once the personalized homepage looks exactly like Google.com (plus my modules) and loads exactly as fast, I'll probably switch to it permanently. As it is, I prefer Google.com (unless I search straight in the browser adress bar).

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Philipp: I use the personalized homepage for an aggregation of my information: Google reader is on it, Gmail summary is on it, Google groups are on it & a few rss streams (like the RSS of Google Blogoscoped ;-)). Normally I find it very usefull, but if it is slow and full of errors I'll may be switching back to the simple google start page...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!