Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Domains

Dan Cousar [PersonRank 2]

Sunday, June 11, 2006
18 years ago11,970 views

Not sure if there is a thread buried somewhere about this but I really would like to see Google at some point in the near future step further with their hosted domains tools. Right now I have 2 domains that are using Gmail for your Domain(http://www.google.com/hosted/) Which I sorta have a feeling in my stomach that this is going to be more then just Gmail.

Currently I have 1 domain registered to GoDaddy(Experimenting) and 2 registered to Yahoo. I, being a fanboy of Google, would really hope that at some point in time I could just get all my stuff taken care of at Google. Registering(or in my case transfering) so that I could just login to my Google account, manage which IP my domains were pointing at, I could navigate to another part and add another email-user to one of my other domains, and then be able to switch over to analytics to check up on how many unique hits I'm getting. I just think that with all this stuff that they have for webmasters its somewhat interesting that they dont register domains for people and help them take care of setting up more places for them to place ads at.

Theres actually a very good selling point to Google for hosting peoples DNS records. Free advertising of Adwords/Adsense. If you think about it while your there registering your domain name they could easily integrate a way for you to setup an Adwords/Adsense account so that people can advertise and see your new website. :)

Anyways not even sure if I'm posting in the right place, and I think I am done ranting. ;-D

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!