Google Blogoscoped

Forum

1 Free Hour of SkypeOut

iZeitgeist [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, June 20, 2006
18 years ago2,543 views

My brother has received an email from Skype stating he was granted 1 free hour of SkypeOut to any phone in the world with the new release of v2.5. We've tried to a mobile in France, it works!

Now I regret why I didn't accept to receive by email any Skype promotional information and new features bla bla...

Is anyone else using Skype as lucky?
_
PS: Voipbuster offers free calls to landlines in 15 countries or so, I wonder if/when Gtalk is moving into this area. If a small company like Voipbuster can pull it out, why not Google, it would definetly gain some velocity to Gtalk.

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

VOIPbuster looks a nice tool. Did any one use it yet? Is it reliable? How does it work, via port 80 of does it needs specific ports to be opened up?

iZeitgeist [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Voipbuster works on port 5060 I think.

Acually you can call 40 destinations for free up to 5 hrs/week. As for the quality, it is excellent! Skype-like!

pjdpinheiro [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

And about Openwengo, anyone have tried it yet???

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

iZeitgeist: Thanks for the information. But as it is using port 5060 you have to make specific Firewall configurations and that's some serious minus. Skype e.g. is working on port 80 as I know. But of course in fact that gives some extra security issues too...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!