Google Blogoscoped

Forum

who is still using google spreadsheet?

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, June 21, 2006
18 years ago3,353 views

On threads like http://blogoscoped.com/forum/37581.html we've made a lot of suggestions to improve the Google Spreadsheet service. Until now I don't see any improvements in the tool and besides some playing with it, I do not use it anymore because it is not usefull enough for me.

Do you still use it? Is it usefull enough for you? If so, what are the things you do with it?

Thanks for giving me some insight...

iZeitgeist [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Just couple days ago, my long distance girlfriend and I were estimating her GPA on Google Spreadsheets. She's not a geek and I must say she loved it, and even got around it without asking for this or that (which she usually does). She thinks the chat feature for collaborative work is a neat idea.

She was happy over the whole experience, and I don't care about GS as long as it makes me look clever and original in her eyes.

Go Google for GFs!

;-p

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

iZeitgeist: never looked at it that way. Nice way of using GS for improving your live ;-)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

LOL.. yea that counts if it increased your "cleverness" points with G/F!!

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I was using it last night, it didn't work out as I expect, I was trying to make a diagram, but Spreadsheets doesn't support it, yet. So I imported a .xls file, the diagram didn't show up. So I guess I have to stick with Excel for a little longer.

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Haochi: You could give OpenOffice a try too. I love to work with that and it sure makes you diagrams!

TB [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I am using it for some basic planning that I do at several locations, so it is handy to pull up on whatever computer I am on at the time. I am not doing anything fancy, however. It's mostly adding a few columns and keeping a running total.

Tony

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I didn't need any spreadsheet app since then (not even Excel), but I'll probably try it when I need one.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

On my PC, excel isn't working at the moment so I'm using GSS quite a lot. Even at school, when I dosn't have to be Excel I use GSS.

Oh and what is the abreviation ment to be?
GS or GSS?

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Abreviation: the shorter, the better? -> GS

CJ Millisock [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I'm using it for my wedding invitations. My fiance had it loaded up yesterday and she loved it too. :-) Score!

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I do believe the tool should have cold Google Love Generator in stead of Google Spreadsheet. Maybe CJ & David could exchange seducing tips for GS. :D

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!