I wish I can add my own adsense to MY Google groups

xujie [PersonRank 5]

Saturday, July 15, 2006
17 years ago3,330 views

Google Groups Team shoold do this.....

Let the owner of group share the profit of adsense,like
Blogger、google pages。It will largely raise the owner's enthusiasm
to build to better group.
So ,more and more people will use google groups as their discuss board.

Sankar Anand [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

You are Right! But do you think that will google pass this feature ? i dont think so..

Most of The members Subscribed in Google groups are using mail feature so each and every mail is delivered to them while only 20 percent uses google group to read....

SCJM [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

That's dumb. The money you make from adsense should go to support your site (IE hosting etc), but Google provides that for free, so it's useless.

I hate ads anyway.

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I think Google must have this kind of thing planned for their AdSense API. They wouldn't bring in the API only for others to use.

Everyone wins. Google gets their regular cut of the AdSense revenue, plus an additional amount for being forum host. The content creator gets what's left (which won't be much except for very high traffic groups).

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

> The money you make from adsense should go
> to support your site (IE hosting etc), but Google
> provides that for free, so it's useless.

But if someone wants to make a living of websites (blogs, groups, what-not) then you gotta earn more than just pay the server costs. You want to pay the rent, food etc. as well.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!