Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Are you even bothered about...

Dan [PersonRank 0]

Saturday, December 25, 2004
19 years ago

Are you even bothered about SP ? All you do is ask for links and you get them. We try really hard to seo and we loose to you, as your readers just link to you.
Thats not real seo :(

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Yes, I believe real SEO is all about content and backlinks *due* to that content. Google simply doesn't care about on-page factors. It only cares about off-page factors. Readers, however, do care about what's on the page, and they will create the far-spread link network needed. And why would you believe creating a nonsense-text link farm or similar is in any way better SEO? It is not what any real company with a big brand and an image to lose could risk in the first place! That's not real SEO then, that's simply spam. If you accuse me of not spamming this Search Engine Contest, then yeah, I'm guilty.

More on my views on SEO are outlined here:
http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2004_09_24_index.html

Dan [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Why do people say content is king and linking is queen ? When linking is much more important and will help you more.

19 years ago #

Because links are a symptom of good content. You may spam guestbooks or create linkfarms, but if you just focus on good content, high-quality backlinks will come naturally.

Dan [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I have tried to make good content but what is the point, if there is no one to read it, like is my current situatio :(

19 years ago #

Dan, in the article linked above I mention many strategies to get the initial word out. If you tell us where your site is maybe we can help.

Dan [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Well I am going to changge my SP site into a blog on seo and google news after the comp, so I haven't put the blog up yet. But how do I get people to read the blog, as there is no point in writing useful content without people to read it :(

19 years ago #

There are several ways to get the word out. One is to just start writing a good blog. There's no point in letting people know about it or advertise it if there's nothing on it yet. But e.g. once you write a daily blog about Google, I may add it to a site like Feeeds.com, and maybe I pick something up, or maybe someone else does, and you start to get readers, and soon more and more people who like it will subscribe or bookmark. Another great way to get started would also be BlogExplosion. http://www.blogexplosion.com
And of course after a while, Google is your friend for those who search.

Dan [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Ok thanks, but where can I get the infomation to write about it in the first place?

19 years ago #

For example, a good resource for a search engine blog is http://feeeds.com/search/ – basically, just a compilation of great search-related RSS feeds, updated all day long. You can also find news in newsgroups, via friends who email you, or by using Technorati, Feedster and Google/ Google News. If you tell us more about what you want to do, that might help.

Dan [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Well just make a daily blog about search engine news, like whats new in google,yahoo ect

19 years ago #

Go ahead, and good luck!

Dan [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

He he Thanks philip, and sorry if I sounded rude earlier, I guess I was just geleous :P

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!