Google Blogoscoped

Forum

SitePal  (View post)

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Friday, July 21, 2006
18 years ago6,526 views

Really nice. Did you pay for it? Or the demo is enough?

alek [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

That's FUNNY!

ImJasonH [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

That's pretty creepy.

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

it is Philipp,
right? :/

18 years ago #

i think they work with ICQ ..

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Philipp, you're looking really great in your virtual self!

Christian [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Very interessting! It this the demo? I tested it, but it doesn't look as if I can use the demo character on my own site (but of course I would like to...).

orli yakuel [PersonRank 8]

18 years ago #

It's graet!
I've been test this my self last week and I had so much fun with this application.
You used the free Demo, right?
SO COOL!

orli yakuel [PersonRank 8]

18 years ago #

Ok, I was wrong. You can't upload backgrounds to the Demo.

My Demo:
http://vhost.oddcast.com/vhsssecure.php?doc=http%3A%2F%2Fvhost.oddcast.com%2Fgetshow.php%3Facc%3D15695%26ss%3D433910%26sl%3D696374%26embedid%3D639a6a9c335257581020b9768b267ef2%26fs%3D1&edit=0&acc=15695&firstslide=1&loading=1&minimal=0&bgcolor=0xFFFFFF&pageDomain=www.oddcast.com&token=c22b51d154249419046281b60539a2c8&lc_name=1153509598210977&fv=6&is_ie=1
:)

NateDawg [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Pretty cool feature, although this must add a ton of bandwidth issues to a web server.

Jeff Jonez [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Yeah, I'm going with creepy. I'll wait for REAL 3D talking heads....

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

This is fun..other then that what is the value props for a business ??

Gareth [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

The "age" slider is freaky....

Domisto [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

shouldn't you at least wait until they come out with a version that can say "blogoscoped" correctly?

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Nice.....

Jake's View [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I tried one. Nice tool. They need to come out with a free version.

pokemo [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I must say nice....

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Christian
> It this the demo?

No, it's the silver package... I paid ~$20 to make the blog post. :)

NateDawg
> Pretty cool feature, although this must add a ton
> of bandwidth issues to a web server.

The hosting is done by SitePal so there is no extra bandwidth... you're probably restricted to a certain amount of bandwidth on their server tho.

PD
> other then that what is the value props for a business

Mayeb they're tying to sell it to "support" avatars for websites. I think you can add some pseudo-AI or something... or you can create a sort of video blog... or maybe even create games?

Christian [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

To bad it's not free. I would pay a lot for a free service like that... uhm, wait.

Cristian Mezei [PersonRank 5]

18 years ago #

Philipp .. You're freakin me out man :D

Eric Cranston [PersonRank 3]

18 years ago #

Eww....cool concept...but was painful to watch

Good text to speech for text to speech but still painful to listen to the voice and the guy wasn't too pleasing on the eyes.....and I didn't find myself having a reason to look at my screen.....ok concept though....just I'm not seeing it as having any use other then as a concept....why watch what you can just hear? Unless added with pictures and video footage inbetween..and with that much work invested you need a real person talking with a good voice not that roboticness.

iZeitgeist [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

One word,

Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant.

When is the Schedule annonced ?

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Orli, too bad your link is broken :(

18 years ago #

Art-One,
it worked yesterday..

dunno what happen now.. :/

Jake's View [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

It's working for me.

Ramibotros [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

i can't believe it doesn't wanna work with my opera .. isn't it simply flash?

18 years ago #

it is..
i think...:/

Charlie [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Hi folks...

Awesome Sitepal! I just joined Oddcast to work with them on making their platform more consumer friendly. This is great feedback. Thanks so much. Here are some quick thoughts:

1) Yes, regardless of what our biz model is, freemium, brand associated, etc... having SOMETHING you can take with you and use for free is a must. We're definitely working on that. The key is figuring out what features a consumer would accept not having that businesses need and are willing to pay for. So, not to worry, free is on the way.

2) Yes, the age slider is freaky. It makes me not want to use it to see how old I will look in the future. :)

3) Text to speech... it certainly sounds like text to speech, and TTS works great for certain times of applications, especially when it does things like read the weather automatically and stuff, but I do feel as if most bloggers, in the spirit of authenticity, would want to use their own voice. Our platform allows you to call it up via phone or use a mic to get your own voice on it. I use it on my own blog at www.thisisgoingtobebig.com (Sometimes, I use my own character on it, sometimes I goof around...). We probably all wanted to hear Philipp's voice and I definitely encourage using those features. Speak up Philipp! :)

4) Business uses... Small businesses pay to use this to help direct traffic around the most valuable parts of their site and help conversions with well written explanations, etc. To them, increasing conversions by 10% is well worth $20... prob well worth $2000 a month even! Bloggers don't measure in that kind of ROI necessarily, so in this world, its more about personalization and creativity. Brands have also been using this technology to create viral ad campaigns. Has anyone ever gotten a Careerbuilder Monk-e-Mail? That's us.

Please feel free to e-mail me at charlie[put at-character here]oddcast.com with any more feedback. We'll be starting up our own Oddcast blog soon so we can sollicit more of this great feedback. Love the blog, Philipp... I've been an avid reader for a while.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!