Google Blogoscoped

Forum

The Best...and Worst...of Gmail

Adam Amos [PersonRank 1]

Sunday, December 26, 2004
19 years ago

Just wondering what everyone thought of Gmail. I thought it would be interesting to here your specific situations and viewpoints.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

I think Gmail has many great points compared to other free web mailers. I can't think of anything wrong with it. Especially, I couldn't live without the six major points:
- Fast speed
- Great usability
- Full-text searching
- Threads
- Large storage
- Image thumbnail preview

Many other things are great too.

Adam Amos [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Does google contact you to ask you questions or do they do surveys to improve their service?

Yannick Mückenhirn [PersonRank 7]

19 years ago #

Adam, actually Google have in the help section a suggestion page . Also you can write your own advise to them.

Yannick Mückenhirn ® http://noticiasinteresantes.blogspot.com

Adam Amos [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

So how did you all first here about Gmail?

Jon Sibley [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I'm wondering about the pop3 situation. Does downloading an email delete it from the remote server?

Also, how have people found the contacts functionality. For me its critical to be able to import them from outlook, but also to be able to synchronise them with outlook so as to update my pocket pc and phone. Is anyone able to comment on that?

sunipol phongam [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Free e-mail; fast speed, large storage& image thumbnail preview. How a wonderful it is!! I'm waiting 4 a long time.

Adam Amos [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Can anyone tell about specific situations that made you say "WOW!" or "AHHH!"?

Yannick Mückenhirn [PersonRank 7]

19 years ago #

Jon, you decide if you want to delete or keep the messages in the remote server. With the contact list, actually you can only import contacts.

Adam, my "Wow! :)" goes to "conversations" and my "Ahhh! :(" goes to the inability to write html messages.

Yannick Mückenhirn ® http://noticiasinteresantes.blogspot.com

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Adam – my "Wow" for the speed, and my "Argh" because you can't really handle multiple browser windows the way you prefer.

Adam Amos [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Anyone have any more *specific* "WOW" or "AHHH" moments?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!