Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail FAQ

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, June 27, 2004
20 years ago

This thread is for comments, additions, corrections and questions on the Unofficial Gmail FAQ.
http://blogoscoped.com/gmail-faq.html

[This thread is also for any of the frequently asked Gmail questions that pop up.]

mplungjan [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Trying to log in to mobile gmail (m.gmail.com) and getting an XML Parsing Failed – the input fields are not valid xml (missing />) I get this in Opera, Opera mini and in firefox – in IE I get a temp file that is not recognised as xml

Is this a known problem?

davoodetemady [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

please send me an invitition
I need imeregency
thank you

roger [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I can't log onto gmail when i try trh following happens:

I can login in my name and password onto gmail but then when i am waiting for my inbox to appear i get a page that has "loading" in black letters in the top left hand corner, and the page stops there. No matter how much i refresh or wateva my inbox will not open up. Is there any other way of getting into gmail and how can i fix the problem, please help...!! :-(

can some one help me

Tangyt [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

[gmail hands my PC]

sometimes PC hands when visitng gmail welcome page but sometimes not. Yahoo and hotmail never hands. Why ?
Mine is P4 ram 1024 harddisk 80 win xp ie6

Lemuel [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I too am having trouble loading gmail on my mac Safari browser. Until this week I never had any problems. It works fine at work but isn't loading on the laptop. If anyone figures out what the problem is I'd really appreciate an email...... lemuelodell[put at-character here]gmail.com. Thanks!

FIXED THE PROBLEM [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Hi....I just went and emptied my cache in my web browser and it fixed the problem. I can now access my gmail account on my laptop.

Need to access gmail [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I tried that it it doesn't work. Same problem as everyone. Stops on Loading page.

wtf [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

i also cant veiw my inbox at home, i have cleared the cache and everything and still no results, i can get in at work, but not at home, it is just blank after the loading page

its a no go! [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

ive been trying to send/reply to gmail emails, but just cannot. i havent altered or corrected my address book or contacts, and i can receive email on a daily basis and access them, but cant send! an error message pops up; 'some of the addresses in the reply to field are not recognised. please make sure that all addresses are properly formed'. ive ensured, and made sure and checked ove and triesd different combinations, and deleted commas and i still get that same error message from every computer i try to send mail from.

should i just get another email? the buddies at the 'gmail team support' keep sending me templates on how to clear cache, and send messages...totally useless..

thanks!!!

Sujith Menon [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Same problem here.Not able to access my account ;(with a Loading screen and a done message at the bottom) can anyone suggest something?

Bonnie Higgins [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

My husband is having the same problem with gmail, but I am not! We found that if you type https://mail.google.com in your browser address bar, go to that link and sign in IT WORKS!! I don't know why this is happening.

Eddie Lawshe [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Nothing! I clear my cache, deleted cookies, turned off pop-up blockers, turned of Norton Internet securtiy, tried typing mail.google.com in Address bar & Tried to log in manually. Every link to Gmail of any kind comes up "Cannot find server," and "Page Cannot be displayed." This has been going on for 4 days. I even tried System Restore on Windows XP.

shirshendu [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

they are saying my cookie is off I have to turn it on what to do .mail at rantu007[put at-character here]yahoo.com

mhawk212 [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

my gmail is fine till i want to send a zipped file. then a message comes up saying "oops... the system was unable to preform your operation. please try again in a few seconds." i have tryed to send several dif zipped files of different sizes and i always get the same message. please help! e-mail me at mhawk212[put at-character here]gmail.com

Phoo Kyaw Zin [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Hi,
   I want to send web page (External images)with gmail. How do I send ?

Marc Ellis [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Gmail has been giving me a server error message for quite a while this morning. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

18 years ago #

Works here Marc...

Muhammad Amin Zia [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I've tried several times for the last six days but could not open my hotmail inbox .I have cleared all cache and temporary files but to no avail, how can I fix it.

Sumit Gupta [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Hello Everyone, please help me to find a solution to this most unusual problem that is I am not able to open Gmail.com from WinXP. I have tried all explorers like Internet explorer, Opera, Netscape and Mozilla FireFox. I am able to open other secured sites and all other sites too like google, hotmail, yahoo, microsoft.com, etc. I am able to open gmail.com from my other Operating system i.e. Win98.
I am hoping for your prompt reply.

Regards
Sumit

siddharth [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

about gmail i want 2 become a member of gmail so please help me

Onutz [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

No, not the right answer.

If you are from US, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesya, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand or Turkey, you're lucky.

Try this: https://www.google.com/accounts/SmsMailSignup1

Mark [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I have been having the same problem as Marc Ellis. I try logging into gmail and I can sign in but once I hit submit it immediately goes to the 'cannot display' page.

Nora Ciancio [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

How do i delete my gmail account when i decide i don't want it any longer?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

https://www.google.com/accounts/DeleteMailService

Delete your GMail

Try the Outlook-ish Yahoo Mail Beta: http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2006/01/yahoo-mail-beta-review.html

k park [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Is there a skin or colour scheme changer for gmail? I need to make it look more like work.

18 years ago #

K, try this to make it look more like work :)
http://persistent.info/archives/2004/10/05/gmail-skinning

Actually, I think you should be able to enable "POP" in the Gmail settings, and then hook it up to your Outlook...

Ajinder [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I have problem in accessing my gmail account in english language what should do?

Kauble [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I too cannot log onto gmail account. Instead l get the "page cannot be displayed" window. I've tried every way I know to get there, no luck. This situation is causing untold grief. Can any body HELP??

Leesome [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Gday, I for the past few days I havn't been able to acces my gmail account – it just comes up "loading...." then never changes.... HOWEVER, I have gmail popup notifyer thing and that still works and tells me I've got messages (and the first line of each)... So it makes me wonder if theres somethin wrong wth me puta rather than gmail??? Dunno. Can someone help? Cheers!

Jacqui [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Hey.

Sory this is of no aid.
I have the exact same problem?????
Pls help!
I dnt have the popup notifyer thing, but its frozen at loading...
never goes past it..
sigh.

tom [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

unfortunately, we are all suffering from the same problem, that is that we are unwilling to admit that our gmail accounts are often unaccessible because, likely, google people have higher priorities than gmail. i think we were the bait to get others to bite...

JOE [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Hey I have the same problem as WELL!!! The page keeps refreshing in the "loading" page and I cannot log in. But yea my gmail notifier works. I tried logging in other computers and it works. But it does not work in my computer. I tried disabiling the Northern Anti Virus but there is no help. Send email to gmail help term or something but they just refer me to another self-help page and it is not working whatsoever.

HELP both of US – someONE

JOE

QUOTED: "Leesome 15 hours ago
Gday, I for the past few days I havn't been able to acces my gmail account – it just comes up "loading...." then never changes.... HOWEVER, I have gmail popup notifyer thing and that still works and tells me I've got messages (and the first line of each)... So it makes me wonder if theres somethin wrong wth me puta rather than gmail??? Dunno. Can someone help? Cheers! "

JOE [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Login and keeps refreshing in "loading" page. Work in other computer but not in my PC. Tried shut down anti virus software. No use. Need help.

joseph765hk[put at-character here]msn.com

18 years ago #

OK everyone, delete your cache & cookies, and try to login to Gmail again. Also expand this thread to find more information.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!