Google Blogoscoped

Forum

HTTP Header Extension  (View post)

Matt Cutts [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, August 5, 2006
17 years ago4,724 views

Don't forget that you can set it to ignore certain patterns, e.g. *jpg* or *png*, so that images don't crowd up the display. Or you're using AJAX and you see periodic stuff to gmail or whatever, it's very easy to exclude those too.

alek [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I've used this extension for quite a while and it ROCKS ... not something I need every day, but when I want to see what's happening, it tastes great and is less filling.

Run, don't walk, and install it.

József Jároli [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

In fact I am using this stuff everyday, whether developing web pages or desperately trying to figure out how the hell those frames are loaded by flashes, javascripts written the original developer of the page I am trying to SEO...

I thougt everybody knows it ;)

Matt Nordhoff [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

There's also http://web-sniffer.net/ , a website that does basically the same thing. Web-Sniffer is more accurate, too: Live HTTP Headers does things like call "ETag" headers "Etag" and collapse multiple headers with the same name into one.

Web-Sniffer is also useful for looking at text files that are sent with a MIME type making Firefox want to download them, since it shows the source.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!