Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google's Salar Kamangar Interviewed  (View post)

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

Monday, September 18, 2006
17 years ago5,556 views

Sounds like a bitter former Google employee!

The Whale [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Gee, I wonder why his a 'former' employee? He sounds like he's a real joy to work with.

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I can see Why he (the commenter) was a former employee.

Anonymous [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Google is today over 7000+ employees. And there are bound to be a few bad apples in all ranks. Personally, I would rather join a startup and take my chances to floor the development pedal and make big bucks than work in any company with more than a few hundered employees. Moreover, why should some one joining a few years later miss out on the previliges of a few BILLIONS more?

Dempsey [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Have you not heard of the Peter Principle?

A rule of organizations that states, “In a hierarchy, every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence,” formulated by Laurence J. Peter.

Someone does their job well. They're promoted and no longer do that job. What are the chances that they do the new job as well. Maybe 50/50? The person's comment doesn't seem all that far fetched.

Esp. with Google's Standford-only hiring policy (yes, I'm basically kidding), there have gotta be a couple of roommates that got hired and are riding the scale tide.

I'm not a programmer, but departmental management and corporate strategy may need slightly different skill sets than crutching code and good hacks.

$0.02

Matt Cutts [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Dempsey, they hired at least one graduate of the University of Kentucky. ;)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!