Forum

Philipp [mentioned on Blogger Buzz]

Hermon [PersonRank 10]

Monday, October 23, 2006
17 years ago3,336 views

http://buzz.blogger.com/2006/10/chowing-down-on-dogfood.html

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

So what is Eric sayin ?? That they can't eat his own dag food ??

I think they do --and its yummy to see them make mistakes and admit to it. Thats why we like the goog's!! :)-

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

i agree with /pd!

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I don't know why they would get disheartened reading something like that. They're Google (and Blogger). When they have a glitch or small screwup, of course it's going to be talked about even if it happens to people all the time. Anything they do gets talked about :)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I think what Eric is saying in a "the hidden msg" is that – we (blogoshere) should not jump to conclusions and form a "lynching mob" without actually knowing all the facts. Show alittle restraint before writing stuff.

In a way its true, but then the core premise of blogosphere is the ability to speak ones mind out and form an opinion, with the least possible information assets!!

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Wow, I'm surprised Google got so defensive like that

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Eric:
<<So when I see posts like these from Michael, Phillip or Juan Carlos, I get somewhat disheartened. They may be missing an important point: because we *are* eating our own dogfood, Blogger becomes a better, more secure product.>>

Weird. I never said that Google shouldn't use Blogger. And why kill the messenger instead of saying "thanks to those who pointed out the problem"?
In fact, that's just what Google used to do – e.g. when I reported on http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2005-07-31-n38.html , Eric Case send me an email saying "thanks" for mine and Dirson's posts, explaining what caused this, upon which I updated my blog post (just the same I did this time).

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!