Google Blogoscoped

Forum

How to delete my google homepage, and my signature?

Adela [PersonRank 0]

Saturday, November 4, 2006
17 years ago6,730 views

Hello, ironically a google search took me to this forum where Wanda Taylor was trying to get rid of her google homepage.

I'd appreciate it so much if someone could tell me how to get rid of it. I'm not computer savvy, all I wanted was the google toolbar – yet – it always disappears and instead I get this home page with things in which I'm not interested. I like to keep the homepage nice and neat and blank.

I also tried for almost an hour to find my signature to delete. I had put it there about a year ago and can't remember where in the world it is now. Please help here too?

Thanks ever so much for any suggestions. Adela

P.S. Do you also take non-google computer tech problems? :o)
P.P.S. What a relief to write here, after I had to crouch under the Microsoft forum. What stinginess of space! Or is it that they have too many more members?

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

By Homepage do you mean the page that opens when you start your browser? It sounds like your going to The Google Personalised Homepage.

To change it in Firefox click Tools --> Options --> Main;
Then where it says home page delete the /ig off of the end of the address and click ok.
Your browsers Homepage should be the normal Google Search again.
What signature do you mean, a Gmail one?

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I don't really think GToolbar will change your home page setting... Whatever, following Mrrix32's direction would be fine, if you are using Firefox.
If you are using IE, go to Tools -> Internet Options, and change the value under Home Page.
As for your Gmail signature, if that's what you mean, go to http://gmail.com , click Settings on the top-right corner, then find "Signature", choose "No signature", and click "Save Changes" on the bottom.

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<< all I wanted was the google toolbar – yet – it always disappears >>
thats the browsers problem.. not the toolbar..
which browser do you use?

<< instead I get this home page with things in which I'm not interested. I like to keep the homepage nice and neat and blank. >>
you cant actually delete the homepage.. (unless youre Eric Schmidt :P)
but you can hit the "Classic Home" button on the top of the page..
and youll get a nice and clean home page with Search option only :)

hope it answered your question,
David Hetfield

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Sorry about the IE bit, I was going to add it then got asked to do some shopping for my parents and I just posted it. It's not that I assume every one uses Firefox now, I just had it open and put those directions down.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!