Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Is product or service xy evil?

Stephan Locher [PersonRank 9]

Friday, December 1, 2006
17 years ago2,644 views

Do you know this? There is an offer which sounds to good to be true and you decide not to use it because there may be a catch or maybe it's even illegal. For example there is this blockbuster bargain of a Disney DVD[put at-character here]McDo for just SFR 4.99(They could say 5 bucks, but because 4.99 sounds cheaper and more customer will buy it they use this trick).

How would you search in google(or another search enginge) to find out if there is something "evil" going on with this supply?

(I asked the same questions about half a year ago
http://blogoscoped.com/forum/42728.html#id42728)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

If you want to find out if a company is evil, you can often just search for the company name. Sometimes the second or so result will be a watch site, like "MicrosoftSucks.com" (I don't know about that site specifically, it was just an example) Or you may want to directly search for "sucks" or "rip off" and so on to get opinions, or use Google Blog Search or Technorati to find blog opinions, by searching for a product name or company name (you might want to add phrases like "is it any good" or "is it a good deal"). There's also sites like epinions.com but I don't know if that site is any good! (I guess I could google that to find out too...!) Best of all is if the site itself allows honest reviews, like Amazon does... these comments often warn you.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!