Google Blogoscoped

Forum

GWT OpenSource

Sander [PersonRank 4]

Tuesday, December 12, 2006
17 years ago2,979 views

There was a post on the GWT blog about GWT being open source now, but it has been pulled of. You can still read it here:

http://www.google.com/reader/shared/user/10949413115399023739/label/officialgoogleblogs-dev

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Snippet:

<<Today is quite a milestone for Google Web Toolkit: with the GWT 1.3 Release Candidate, our team is very happy to announce that all of GWT is open source under the Apache 2.0 license. There's a lot to say, but let's start with our mission: it's "To radically improve the web experience for users by enabling developers to use existing Java tools to build no-compromise AJAX for any modern browser." (I'd really encourage you to drop the red verbiage – kw) Since our primary mission is to help users (as opposed to hoarding proprietary development tools), opening up GWT has always been a no-brainer – we just had to decide when. Now that GWT has some serious adoption and a lively user community, open-sourcing became the obvious ...>>

What does this sentence mean, "I'd really encourage you to drop the red verbiage – kw"?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

And it's live again:
http://googlewebtoolkit.blogspot.com/2006/12/gwt-13-release-candidate-is-100-open_12.html

Reto Meier [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Philipp: I think what happened was the article's author asked another Google to read it over and the reader (kw) hit 'post' instead of 'save draft' after adding in his/her suggestions.

'drop the red verbiage' is suggesting that the author is using too many words to say what he means in the preceding sentence. The 'red' reference specifically I'm not so sure about.

Good to see they're open sourcing GWT though, could be interesting.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!