Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail spell checker VS Firefox 2

Xeno [PersonRank 1]

Friday, December 15, 2006
17 years ago2,882 views

I have been using FX2 since it came out and had been using The Google spell checker and the Gmail Spell checker up to then. The Firefox built in spell checker is great (especially for someone with bad spelling/fast typing)
But I have noted that the Gmail spell checker is alot better, when FX2 dosen't find the right word, The Google spell checker always does, normaly the first in the list.
For example espicaly.
I have been searching for a way to import its database into Firefox 2 spell checker dictionary. or/and add this word as a wrong spelled word but add especially as the proper spelling for it in the FX2 list. Any ideas? Your thoughts?
Xeno

Pri [PersonRank 5]

17 years ago #

i don't think u can import Google's list, because i THINK it basically uses the Google "did you mean" feature from the searches and displays its suggestions as a right click menu... so everytime a word has low "search results" it suggests better words that are spelled similarly. but this is my most logical speculation. i could be totally wrong.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!