Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Managing Google Reader

Tom Husband [PersonRank 1]

Saturday, January 6, 2007
17 years ago3,137 views

I'm liking Reader but wonder how to better manage what I want to read. If I "star" an item for later it works but when I want to delete the starred items after reading it has to be one at a time. I'd like to use that new feature that tracks what you read and summarizes it all for you but if I have it set up as read when I scroll by it's misleading. Ideally I'd like to mark items for reading later and not have all the others be counted as read. I'd also like to delete the ones that I chose not to read so when new items arrive it will be just the new items.

Thanks,

Tom

BUGabundo [PersonRank 7]

17 years ago #

What I miss is a search engine, and the posibility to mark as read only part of my feeds (like selected ones)

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I think I have figured out how to "unstaring" all the items with one click. I will do some test later...

Tom Husband [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Right. Being able to count as read only the items you click through on would be great. It's misleading to count as read the items you simply scrolled by.

Eytan Buchman [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I still want to search read blog postings with an integrated Google search. Not too much to ask from a search company, no?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!