Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Goo-goal

milivella [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, January 17, 2007
17 years ago4,050 views

Please complete the following statements:

1. Google, started as a web search engine and become a (new kind of) portal, will grow until being ... [what?]

2. Google will end in the year ...

3. In its last incarnation (just before its end), Google will be ... [what?]

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

1. Google will grow until being an instant knowledge module you plug into your brain, if humanity as we know it has not been replaced by robots or a true unifying virtual global consciousness by then.
2. Google ends the same year that sees a true unifying virtual global consciousness, as all individuals or individual companies end by then (or rather, become assimilated into a higher form of being).
3. In its last incarnation, Google will be uttering the words "I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid..."

milivella [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

(Thanks Philipp for the reply. I know that you like to put Google present in an historical perspectives; it's evident from your "Google Museums". I had to bet that you were going to cite artificial intelligence and the Singularity!)

My hypotheses:

1. Google will grow until you will have to think before telling something Google is not related to.

2. Google will end in the year 2012 ;)

3. In its last incarnation as a unified entity, Google will be so many things that they will no more be able to communicate to each other, so Google will explode in a number of different projects/companies/entities.

(I would like to give three anwers not related on to each other, but they are so...)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!