Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Checkout vs. PayPal

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Friday, January 19, 2007
17 years ago2,731 views

According to a survey of online shoppers conducted by J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. Google Checkout was rated much lower in customer satisfaction then PayPal.

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=networking&articleId=9008498&taxonomyId=16

I know i personally would prefer Google Checkout, but i really don't have much of any experience with either. Is Google checkout really that bad? Can somebody share some experiences? yId=16

David Sanger [PersonRank 7]

17 years ago #

Since I complained loudly about a cancelled transaction a few months ago, Checkout has run really smoothly. Very easy to use.

24-7 voice customer service would help.

Now they take payment anywhere in the world, just the merchant account has to be US based.

A simpler way to create Checkout buttons on the fly server-side would be helpful

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I've used it once and i've never used anything easier. I liked it but i think the problem was with canceled orders, not the actual service itself. Does anybody know if that survey is outdated and the problem has already been solved?

I know that news article was just posted on slashdot today.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!