Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Yahoo's Brand Universes a Good Idea?  (View post)

Kevin [PersonRank 0]

Sunday, February 4, 2007
17 years ago4,051 views

It is the first step towards a GREAT idea. Yahoo should let Google run their ads and search and Yahoo should focus on content.

Yahoo has the eyeballs to make Brand Universe, Yahoo Food, etc. valuable and they can make good content. After all, Terry Semel is a Hollywood guy.

Charles Tutt [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

It's all "zoom" to me... right over my head.

ian [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

You're not teh only one who doesn't like the repurposing of content...

http://www.flickr.com/forums/help/32752/

Panda Mimi [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Just some the channels on the old Yahoo. Difference is only change "Food.news.yahoo.com" to "YahooFood.com" and use a unique theme.

Yahoo an unChinese way. If can not change wine, just change bottle(Chinese like change wine, then change bottle.)

We need new things. Not copy. See what Google did, he try to remove spams. Yahoo on his wrong spam way not so far, back!

Peter Laird [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I geeked out during the super bowl yesterday and hit any website that came up in a commercial to see how well the IT shops were handling the load.

A Pepsi commerical gave me this URL: www.superbowl.com/pepsi

Which after one page, gets you over to:

http://pepsi.yahoo.com/supercan/

Is this part of the Brand universe, or just plain old hosting? Either way, of all the sites I tried, this is the only one that got slashdotted. It was down for about 5 minutes after their commercial aired.

Razvan Antonescu [PersonRank 2]

17 years ago #

Yahoo Brand Universe is an AWSOME ideea...for a splog. Have a high PR main domain, build hundreds of "thematic" subdomains, aggregate without control different sources through RSS by a common keyword.

A masterpiece that a lot of blackhaters will envy

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!