Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Exceeds Own Bandwidth Limit  (View post)

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, February 15, 2007
17 years ago4,278 views

It seems they're hosting this on Google Pages – i'm not sure why, maybe it was easier to set up. But obviously Google hasn't waived the bandwidth limit for the gmaps.examples[put at-character here]gmail.com account.

Stephen Tordoff [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

The blog post now works, but going directly to the page (http://gmaps.examples.googlepages.com/gpolyletters.htm) or trying to permalink to the map still gives the bandwidth exceeded message

[Fixed autolinking. -Philipp]

Stephen Tordoff [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Correction,
the page is http://gmaps.examples.googlepages.com/gpolyletters.htm

I added a) to the end, and refreshing the pages sometimes allows it to load, other times the error is displayed

Pamela Fox [PersonRank 2]

17 years ago #

Right, the problem was not the geocoder limit but the Google Pages limit.
We used it because of its simple hosting features, but we'll moving samples to Google code project hosting from now on (revision history! open source! :).

Pamela Fox [PersonRank 2]

17 years ago #

FYI, if the error was that we had exceeded the geocoding limit, the likely result would simply be that it would fail to find any address. But you'd still be able to write on the map. :)
Anyway, I enjoy this blog alot, keep it up. :)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Thanks, I updated the post with a correction!

Michael Martinez [PersonRank 5]

17 years ago #

Maybe they're having bandwidth issues from people trying to find Supplemental Pages in the search results. It appears right now that Google is not parsing and indexing Supplemental Pages and that about 80% of the formerly visible Web content is now Supplemental and unavailable to non-site queries.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!