Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Can you survive a week without technology?

JennyPenny [PersonRank 6]

Sunday, February 25, 2007
17 years ago3,576 views

Forbes managing editor Dennis Kneale tries to live without his cell phone, email, and Blackberry, but can't last more than 40 hours! He ends up crying for his cell phone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmEErhy7AIc

I think I can live without the Internet for a week. I don't have a cell phone, a laptop, or a Blackberry. I try to "avoid" technology as much as possible. LOL People look at me weird when I tell them that I don't have a cell phone, but I like living without it. (But I do agree that cell phones are good to have for emergencies.)

Can you survive a week without technology?

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<< Can you survive a week without technology? >>

absolutely NOT!!!

too damn hard :P

Seth Finkelstein [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Define "technology". Does "fire" count?

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<< Does "fire" count? >>
well, no.

According to Google :
<< Technology : Mechanisms for distributing messages, including postal systems, radio and television broadcasting companies, telephone, satellite and computer networks. >>

http://www.google.com/search?q=define%3Atechnology&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-10,GGGL:en&aq=t

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

mobile: easy
DVD Player: easy
PC, DS, TV: That's alot harder

see? all the two letter acronymed words I find it hard to live without! Although shove me in a tent in the New Forest and I managed it last year (had my DS half the time though) and I'll do it again this year!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

> Technology : Mechanisms for distributing messages

That's *communication* technology, not technology in general. And even then fire can and has been used to distribute messages over long distances.

But if we just count modern technology like cell phones and TV and stuff, I could manage without most of this, but when it comes to internet I would need someone to check this blog every once in a while so it won't blow up :) In fact, some technologies put not just ease but burden on our lives – especially the cell phone can make it harder to just take a break, so it's often best to just turn it off.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I use the internet every day! I need it. When I go away and I dont have my PC i am lost. Its like my Hash

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!