Google Blogoscoped

Forum

So I go to Ask.com...

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, March 6, 2007
17 years ago2,871 views

I like their weather page. Laid out nice, it's the one I use. SO I go there to see the forecast, and I get:

We are currently experiencing an unusually large amount of Web searches.
Please try your search again.

Ah. So, there's too many people using the service. Hmmmm.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<<We are currently experiencing an unusually large amount of Web searches.>>

Really? How many? 10,000? 20,000?

John Honeck [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Maybe their modem is broke, probably had to run out to the store and get a new one, this time they'll spring for 56k.

Ask.com Team [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Sorry, we get billions of searches a year. Yes, real ones. Don't be sheep. Try something new and better.

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I really like (and use) Ask News, Wx, Sports, and News. Like Ask News much beter than Google News, to be honest.

Can I have an Ask.com T-shirt? <I live in the East Bay and can come by and pick it up.>

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

They've added to the already impressive AskCity...not only can you draw on the map, now you can search in a selected area. Just draw a circle around the area and search in it!

http://blog.ask.com/2007/03/the_new_shape_o.html

John Honeck [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Alright Shepherd, tell us sheep how you are better. Because if by woefully out of date and stale you mean better, then I'd say you are better, but if you've some actual data to back up better I'm all ears. And the "new" wore off long ago.

This sheep doesn't fall for slogans or 30 second commercials I need proof.

Maybe I'll even unblock you from robots.txt.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!