Google Blogoscoped

Forum

The Next Google Labs Project

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Monday, March 12, 2007
17 years ago2,488 views

The last Google Labs project was launched in October. I wonder when/what will they launch next.

A new image search, a new Google News, a web archive?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

whatever, just intergrate all em services..properly :)-

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

That's pretty boring (although important/useful).

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

yeh..
i sure hope theyll integrate 'em all :)

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

It's obvious that's what they're doing right now, due to the lack of "NEW" products.

They've already started really.

Think about Google Apps – that's integration for businesses. All they need to do is bring out a hosted version for personal use, where you can sign up with a Gmail address instead.

Also Google Co-Op – that's a decent selection of services for website owners, etc.

Also Google Base, I'm sure that will soon replace the likes of Local Business Center (which is BTW uncannily similar).

As for new products, I think a new Google News would be good, but I don't think it would be in Google Labs – more likely a merged version with a non-labs Google Reader.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

> That's pretty boring (although important/useful).

Maybe Google's puberty (idealism, naivity, lots of hangovers but also a lot of fun experiments) is coming to an end, to be replaced with adulthoold :)
But nah, there's still a lot ahead for us, I think. The advances of AI, technology in general, and the growing Google index (like books, which is a cool concept but currently just lacks proper scope) will push the boundaries where there's always new products to be found.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!