Enlarge Google Images  (View post)

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, March 13, 2007
17 years ago7,977 views

cool!! very useful...

thanks Philipp for posting that :)

Zoran [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

Well, IMHO that script can be used technically, but from moral stand point it shouldn't be (should not be promoted as well) because you do not see image in original content of page where you can find copyrights information, it only empowers thievery.

MR [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Its not working :(

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

MR, what's your browser, resolution, operating system, and what's the Google result URL?

Veky [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Zoran, do you really consider _viewing_ images to be empowering thievery?? We should close art galleries, then. ;-(

Zoran [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

Veky why Google did not put a little bit of javascript in their template? Because they would have legal problems. They do not open directly image but page from where it's linked or emended in the frame... there were many discussions on this topic

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

However Google does allow you to (almost directly) click through to the large image, and then you can even right-click it to save it (it's in your local cache anyway by that time, I'm just saying). And that functionality is actually not possible with Googlenlarge... because as soon as you want to move your mouse cursor away from the thumbnail to right-click the enlarged image, the large image will disappear again :)

Chris [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Interestingly this doesn't work on my firefox either. I suspect the .co.uk domain on images being the problem.

:(

Chris [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I take it back, it does work... Sort of. After you change the url in greasemonkey (that's just me not having morning coffee) to .co.uk (or whatever your domain is)

However sometimes the popup code decides to helpfully place the image off the side of the screen.

Remco [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Doesnt work for me (www.google.nl). Im on a Mac, if that would make any difference.

Remco [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

yes, thanks to Chris, i changed the 'included pages', in the tools/greasemonkey/manage user scripts/, to google.nl/* Now it works like a breeze..

:-)

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

ha ha.
when you hover the Google Images logo the enlargement works too
lol :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!