Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Changing Gmail's Reply-To based on single mail threads?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, March 15, 2007
17 years ago3,915 views

I'm subscribed to a mailing list which requires me to set my reply-to to the mailing list's address. Can I handle this easily with Gmail, that is, without changing my reply-to globally each time in the settings?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?ctx=%67mail&hl=en&answer=22377

not sure if that will answer our question

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

A strange thing on GMail (for sure GMail for Apps).
You can send mail as if from an other e-mailaddress.
(Settings – Accounts – Send mail as.)

But if you send this to yahoogroups (I'm subscribed to several of them.), it doesn't work and in one way or an other yahoogroups takes always you're original e-mail address iso the address you've choosen to send from.

I've already tried to add manually the reply-address, in the hope that this would work. But it didn't...

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

> not sure if that will answer our question

Thanks, that answers half of it, but how do I change this when writing the first mail of a new (mailing list) thread? This help entry discusses replies or forwards only...

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Philipp, it just cant be done.. on a single thread.. it goes as a global parameter that is being set up in the accounts settings.. every email set out then will have a "reply-to" that is taken from the account data set..

yeah it sucks.. for listserver type of emails

Wouter Schut [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Maybe you could create a Greasemonkey script?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!