Google Blogoscoped

Forum

GDrive to be based on Jotspot?

GuillaumeB [PersonRank 9]

Sunday, March 25, 2007
17 years ago3,372 views

Hi all!

Sorry, ever since i have completely switched to Google i can't help but lurk on those forums at least 4 hours per day!

So i have read many threads and took a peak at Jotspot. For some reasons I have high reasons to believe that GDrive (or whatever it's gonna be named) will be based on Jotspot.

Not only is it a wiki editor, but yu can also manage, edit and share spreadheets, files, pictures....

Does anyone think the same? I remember someone took a peak at some portion of code and discovered that a Powerpoint processor named Presently might as well come out. Has anyone discovered something proving that Google Docs might be tied to JotSpot in the future?

(sorry iuf this has been discussed before I did not have time to go through ALL the thread here!)

Hashim [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

JotSpot has been stagnant for months – even the support forums are dead, and users have been the ones deleting spam.

I HOPE that means they have big plans for JotSpot. GDrive based on JotSpot makes sense to me. The wiki metaphor is a great extension of the file drive metaphor. Instead of just having lists of your files, you can create meaning and connections between those files.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

IMHO, wait till about the time Sharepoint07 is luanched and then see JotSpot in action:)-

GuillaumeB [PersonRank 9]

17 years ago #

Seems that Google Operating system kind of confirms this idea:

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2007/03/google-docs-to-add-support-for-wikis.html

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Actually it doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

Several times Google employees have referred to JotSpot as "connecting all services together".

Pretty feasible from a logical point of view.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

More on JotSpot:

JotSpot to integrate all Google services?

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2007/03/is-jotspot-googles-glue.html

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I didn't realise how powerful JotSpot is. It would be perfect for all businesses – they can become more efficient and organised. I can't wait for it to be released, whether simply migrated to Google servers, or totally reported.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Same here!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!