Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Webmail vs. Offline Mail

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

Friday, March 30, 2007
17 years ago2,923 views

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/23134/webmail-vs-offline-mail-which-is-best-for-you

pacificdave [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

From the article:

"Heck, Gmail is so primitive you can't even sort your messages by subject"

Ouch... but why would I? I used to sort by subject when I was into Outlook (back in the day) but only to find unsorted threaded messages with the same subject lines. With Gmail they're all threaded together or I'll just search for them.

"The big ones here are that offline mail can be accessed whenever you need it, online or off, and that it can be much more easily searched with tools like X1."

I can read offline emails anytime by searching with Gdesktop or with the use of the Gmail Mobile app.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

To be honest, I hadn't even noticed you couldn't sort by subject :-) I just see mail, read it, archive it, and If I want it again, I'll search for it!

<<As for Outlook, I also greatly appreciate its integrated calendar>>

Dosn't Yahoo mail have an intergrated calendar? And it's not exactly that hard to get from Gmail to GCal, there's a link at the top and you can even add events from you emails!

And I wouldn't want 2.8 GB of email on my Hard Drive!

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

A verrrrrry badly written atricle. Whoever wrte it should be dragged out and shot.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!