Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Become a Google Certified Teacher ?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, April 5, 2007
17 years ago3,181 views

Is google pushing the envelope a little too much on this now ? I mean what is the point of having a 'teacher' immersing themselves in an innovative corporate environment, cutting-edge technolgies for what purpose ?? Will this really help the new gen userland ??

This is reminding me of the Pol Pot indoctrine methods ..ok thats just my opionion only!! :-

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yeah, "Google Certified Teacher" sounds wrong & stupid.

Link:
http://librariancentral.blogspot.com/2007/04/become-google-certified-teacher.html

Fritz Harasin [PersonRank 2]

17 years ago #

You have no idea. A while ago, there was the ECDL, European computer driving licence, and loads of teachers in Europe wanted to get certified. What did you hae to do? Master Winword, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, ... you get the picture.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

"you get the picture." – Nope....

"The European Computer Driving LicenceĀ® (ECDL) is the internationally recognized qualification which enables people to demonstrate their competence in computer skills."

So what does that have to do with teaching and kids ??

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<<So what does that have to do with teaching and kids ??>>
To make the teachers look less retarded in front of the kids.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]Haochi – Ok I'll conceed that point with you .. heheheh :)=

Ben Allen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

People become 'Microsoft Certified'. Should Google have this too?

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

"Certified Googler"

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

they do have a "Google Advertising Professional" program..

http://adwords.google.com/support/select/professionals/bin/answer.py?answer=12241

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!