Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Turkey Gets Special Logo  (View post)

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

Monday, April 23, 2007
17 years ago4,969 views

Gee,
what a beautiful logo :)

Trogdor [PersonRank 6]

17 years ago #

Once again, I like that Google does special holiday logos. I don't like that they only tend to show them to the audience they assume wants to see them.

If there's a holiday in Turkey and Google makes a logo, why shouldn't I get to see it and learn about it when I visit Google.com in the US? If there's a holiday in Thailand or Australia or Korea and they get special Google logos, why are they only shown in Thailand, Australia, and Korea, and not the entire world?

Am I alone here? Am I the only one who likes seeing a new Google logo, and finding out about a holiday I didn't know about (shoot, if it weren't for the logo, I wouldn't have known it was Earth Day ...)?

Marcin Sochacki (Wanted) [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]Trogdor: I wouldn't want Google logo to change for every important event worldwide, because the real logo would then become a rarity :)

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Trogdor;
i hear ya. though the real Google logo will become too rare for us to be seen

thats why Google has built sub-domains for each country. so when a specific country celebrates an event, they are the first to know.

but, you can always get updates here ;)

Veky [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Trogdor,
you are not the only one, but you are certainly in the minority. We all are. :-) People too often forget that cosmopolites, technogeeks, web site administrators,... form a very tiny portion of overall Google's audience.

Surely for most people here in Croatia, it would be a public outrage if they saw Google's celebration of some Serbian holiday. Americans are maybe a little bit more conscious, but still show an appalling lack of sense for the global view in some issues. And Google can't afford the risk.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!