Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Wiider

Garett Rogers [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, May 8, 2007
17 years ago2,956 views

Check out the new Google Reader interface for the Wii...

http://www.google.com/reader/wii

I posted some screenshots here:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Google/?p=557

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

lol! Love the name and you certainly won on the cheese factor. I love the way your articles are written too

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]Any one with the Wii

Wouldn't the 1+2 shortcuts fail to work as they are programed to do something by the browser (Hide the menu bar and change to SSR mode). If your wondering what shortcuts I'm talking about, you probably need to update your browser (before the end of June, or you'll have to pay for it :-D)

Unfortunately it still dosn't seem to work on the DS. Does anyone know which Google services still don't work on the Wii, I haven't checked recently. (and I can't get on it at the moment)

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yeah, this is very neat! I actually saw it on my new Wii a few nights ago and figured they were showing me a special interface using some content-negotiation from my user-agent. (I was just checking what Google Reader looked like on the Wii and what the AJAX support of the bundled Opera browser was like.)

P.S. I notice Yahoo and Google are both marked as favourites by default and yet there's no sign of MSN / Windows Live. I wonder why.

<cough>Xbox</cough> ;-)

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

On the Wii's search you get a choice between G and Yahoo. When Opera was released on the DS, Yahoo was the Search by default, but you could customize it to what ever you wanted (although it wouldn't accept Searchmash probably because it wasn't a '&q=' search)

Why would they decide to force you into a choice? or did they find 'common' users couldn't understand how to add their own search engine?

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<cough>Xbox</cough>?
Is that a-, an XBOX I HJEAR YOU TALKING ABOUT? Never say that word again! Well, ok but NEVER say PS 4 minus 1

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I can't seem to get the G Wiider to work on my Wii (but it works fine on my PC) Could just be a network problem. I'll try it again tomorrow (don't think I'll get to the TV again tonight)

Oh and it's not a good idea to start a fan boy fight :-D

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Ok, tried it now. Works well. The 1 button both hides the menu and does the Google Shortcut simultaneously. Some how they managed to get the 2 button to do their shortcut only!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!