Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Killer from Within

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

Monday, May 28, 2007
17 years ago2,987 views

Robert X. Cringely ponders who or what it would take to kill Google, concluding that *ex-Google employees* might be the highest risk:
http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/2007/pulpit_20070524_002134.html

[Thanks Brinke!]

jilm [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I do not trust this scenario. Internet is getting pretty closed for new companies, creating a new portal, something successful in many segment, not just with one good idea is very difficult and you need a lot of money and human resources. Small teams or even individuals won´t be able to create any "new Google". As I wrote yesterday – the only way which I see how to beat Google in a not very very long term is by creating popular social network to attract users and then use the power of many small partial developers building apps on the top of your platform. That´s why Facebook´s strategy is so clever.

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

If I recall from a couple of weeks ago, last time Mr Cringely pondered something, he had IBM firing just under 50% of it's work force in America alone. IBM don't employ 150k people in the US so firing 150k is infact impossible.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!